Minneapolis-Saint Paul startups raise money from all manner of sources – from friends & family, bank loans, angels, venture capital & private equity firms, accelerators, family offices, corporations, government & philanthropic grants, prize competitions, and via crowdfunding platforms.
Partners in the Forge North coalition are working to double the number of companies that raise an early stage round of capital in the MSP region.
Venture Capital Community
Minnesota venture capital is on the rise. Our region and state is home to a growing wave of venture firms, as well as new offices for firms from around the country.
Minnesota Investors is an active Forge North team created by and for institutional venture investors in Minnesota that are interested in building community, discovering deals, and exploring important issues in their field. Each participant in the Minnesota Investors group:
- Represents a fund that is actively deploying venture-stage capital, from pre-seed to Series B
- Has an active presence within the state of Minnesota
- Is committed to advancing the Minnesota ecosystem through their investments, sponsorships and partnerships, and/or volunteering time and expertise
- Meets for quarterly peer-to-peer sessions to discuss priorities and deals
- Contributes to the ongoing Demystifying Venture Capital series to build knowledge and connections throughout Minnesota’s startup community
- Shares knowledge with peers via private forums, such as Slack
Are you an active investor interested in joining?
Demystifying Venture Capital
Check out these recent discussions hosted by Minnesota Investors members